Come and grow – the spoga+gafa blog » garden creation & care » Strong Colours and Relaxed Swinging Fun – The Outdoor Trends for 2013/2014

Strong Colours and Relaxed Swinging Fun – The Outdoor Trends for 2013/2014

The green oasis is no longer just a place of retreat for the older generation: Young adults between 18 and 25 want to spend more time in natural surroundings as well. According to a current survey by TNS International (carried out on behalf of the balcony glazing manufacturer Lumon), the balcony is a very important part of the apartment.

78 percent of the people surveyed have either a balcony or a terrace, nearly all of the remaining 22 percent would like to have one, and 32 percent of them use their outdoor space during the whole year. And of course the furnishings are a very important part of making your outside homely. At the spoga+gafa 2013 garden trade fair in Cologne over 2.000 exhibitors will show us the outdoor furniture trends for 2013 and 2014:

Colour Clash

Loud colours are in! In the coming garden season the manufacturers are presenting their furniture in all colours of the rainbow – in the strongest shades possible. Whether purple, green, blue or yellow, everything that pleases and spices up one’s own green oasis is allowed. And since combinations of these colours are currently in trend, the sofas, chairs and co. often come in lively striped designs.

Innovative Material with Indoor Haptics

The trend towards furnishing the terrace or balcony like a second living-room has been dominating the outdoor market for a few years. The spectrum of products includes weatherproof lamps, carpets and paintings, whereby the manufacturer’s attentions focus on the sofa, which offers just as much luxury and comfort as the indoor alternatives.

Cool Casual Swings

The more hectic everyday life is, the more the consumers crave coziness and recreation. This is why one’s own outdoor spot is becoming the ultimate relaxing zone. And where can you chill out best? That’s right: on a swing. The classic Hollywood swings and hammocks have always been extremely popular, but now there’s a range of new versions, which boast very stylish, luxurious designs.

De Luxe Barbecues

Thanks to outdoor kitchens the entire cooking process can meanwhile take place outdoors. Their installation is simple and they don’t take up much space. At the same time the kitchens, which usually consist of separate modules, offer attractive additional functions – allowing you to cool drinks or create a romantic campfire atmosphere on the terrace.

Nevertheless, those consumers, who prefer classic barbecues, aren’t going to be disappointed. Whether stylish or old school, gas or charcoal, portable or on wheels – there’s the right model for every BBQ fan together with plenty of attractive accessories.

Teak

In the course of the trend towards sustainability and vintage products, teak is returning to the scene.

In the coming season teak is being given a very modern interpretation, the design language offers exciting and extravagant looks. In order to underline this style the manufacturers often combine teak with stainless steel. The combination between the warm wood and the cool steel creates an attractive contrast, which lends an elegant ambiance to the garden or the balcony.

Garden Appliances

The trend towards robotic mowers and cordless tools in the lawn cutting and garden maintenance sector is ongoing.

That includes powerful, convenient and user-friendly appliances, which are important for the target group of the best agers: The manufacturers of gardening tools are also adapting more and more to meet the needs of these customers with the result that ergonomically shaped axes, spades and saws suited to the age of the target group are taking over the gardens.

The spoga+gafa 2013 will be open to trade visitors on September 8th and 9th from 9:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. and on September 10th from 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.

Further information: spogagafa.com and möbel kultur Outdoor

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *